In November 2011 the Chair is launching its ATHENS programme (European learning week in the framework of the ATHENS network, including ParisTech), which will focus on “Design and rehabilitation of eco-neighbourhoods: a new way of looking at the city”.
Themes tackled :
- Water and waste management
- Energy audits
- Use of environemental criteria in design
- Setting up appropriate modes of transport
- Socially mixed neighbourhoods
- Creation of accessible infrastructure
- Protection of landscape and biodiversity
- Economic and financial sustainability
The aim of this week is to identify the problems relating to these different aspects for a first introduction to reflection around urban eco-design, based on concrete examples.
More information: http://www.athensprogramme.com/